Thursday 12 February 2009

The Telephone Trumps Everything!

What is it about the telephone here? No matter what someone is doing, if their phone, or increasingly, I've noticed, Blackberry (tm) (no, I'm not envious, I'd rather have an iPhone*) rings, they stop whatever they are doing, even if they are in the middle of a sentence, and answer the phone. Then they talk away, no matter who is waiting here next to them in the actual room.

I had two medical appointments this week. During both, I had to wait while the doctor took a call. The first, at least I was just sat in a chair, but today, I was mid-examination, so lying there, half naked. You know, I really didn't appreciate the interruption. The doctor said "yes, I'm with a patient", but then he carried on talking, as if that was of no consequence. Gah.

In other news, I can understand a lot of what the chemo suite nurses are saying now. Shame I let on about that!

*oops, how did that slip out?

No comments: