Friday 10 October 2008

16 sleeps

ok, yesterday was my birthday and I was too busy playing with my presents to post here...

the removal company have asked to come early and start packing - did i mention that already? they are coming on monday morning - I guess to pack books and the stuff in the sideboard that only gets used at parties.

i've finished the last sewing project that needed done before leaving, so I guess they can pack up my machines as well.

today the boys and I went to Ikea - we needed something bigger for the lego, and I figured with no Ikea in Chile, maybe we'd be better getting something before we go. and i'm really rather glad we did. i thought it didn't seem like a lot of money when i paid, but i was distracted - TT and N were in the toilets, so I only had half my mind on the transaction. but the cashier was obvioulsy the same, I didn't pay for a £29 unit.

i felt guilty for a moment or two when i looked at my receipt. but not enough to get back in the car and drive out there to do anything about it...

we're having a going away party tomorrow - last time we did this we had a freezer full of food, this time we don't, so we bought some party food. we have a cupboad full of booze that we want people to drink, so I thought it best to provide some carbohydrates...

No comments: